I am a IT Consultant with 10 years of experience across several IT disciplines. I am currently based in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA. Since July 2007, I have spent a lot of time working with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Office suite and VS Team Foundation Server 2005 (TFS) but my background covers many other platforms and technologies.
Unlike most other products and platforms that I have worked on over the years, this is a product that really draws together literally everything I have done over my career.
My competencies are:
- Strategic and Business skills (PMP Certified)
- Project Management PMBOK methodologies
- Business analysis, requirements gathering, specification/solution development and governance
- Strong financial acumen. Able to translate technology benefits to ROI via standard financial modeling techniques such as NPV, IRR.
- Knowledge and Information Management Principles and Technologies
- Involved in records management, document and knowledge management
- Infrastructure Architecture and Management (MCSE Win 2003, MCSE Security Win 2003)
- All facets of security and high available infrastructure design and management
- Network design for high availability, enterprise level networks
- Specialist monitoring and alerting tools and technologies
- Risk assessment, vulnerability assessment and penetration testing
- Cryptography, PKI
- IT Service Management (ITIL Certified)
- Role of senior project/design team member
- Lead for couple of key IT Infrastructure projects
- Mentor/guide other IT staff across various disciplines
- Application of best practice methodologies into IT operations (ISO17799/27001)
- Operating Systems and Backoffice Tools
- Considerable expertise in Microsoft and technologies: Windows 200x, Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange Server, SharePoint 2003 and 2007 and Active Directory.
- Document Management Systems and Portals: SharePoint 2003/2007
- Software Development and Process
- Knowledge on CMMi Ver 1.2, has been Appraisal Team Member (ATM) for CMMi Level 3 implementation and audit
- Worked in a product development/design role and closely with software development teams on various projects.
- Languages and technologies: Microsoft.Net, Perl, ASP, PHP and shell scripting
- API’s or SDK: ADSI, WSUS SDK, SharePoint SDK